Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday 7/28

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

This week I'm waiting on Butterfly by Sonya Hartnett. From B&N.com:
Plum Coyle is on the edge of adolescence. Her fourteenth birthday is approaching, when her old life and her old body will fall away, and she will become graceful, powerful, and at ease. The strength of the objects she stores in a briefcase under her bed —a crystal lamb, a yoyo, an antique watch, a coin —will make sure of it. Over the next couple of weeks, Plum’s life will change. Her beautiful neighbor Maureen will begin to show Plum how she might fly. The older brothers she adores will court catastrophe in worlds that she barely knows exist. And her friends, her worst enemies, will tease and test, smelling weakness. They will try to lead her on and take her down. BUTTERFLY is a gripping, disquieting, beautifully observed coming-of-age novel by an acclaimed author at the top of her form.
I love coming-of-age stories, and though I don't know much about this one and the description is a bit mysterious, the concept is fascinating to me. Butterfly was originally published in Australia in 2009 and will be published by Candlewick Press in August of 2010. 

10 comments:

Literary Cravings said...

great pick!!!

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

It does sound mysterious doesn't it. I'll be adding this to to my TBR pile, thanks!

Jan von Harz said...

This sound amazing, I am not officially adding this to my wish list Thanks!

Anne said...

Yes, sounds mysterious! I'm still thinking of adding this in my TBR file. =)

Sarah said...

This does sound mysterious! Like you, I love coming of age stories, so I will have to keep my eyes open for this!

thanks for sharing!

happy reading!

Nat said...

This sounds great---I just added it to my TBR list on Goodreads. Thank you for featuring it!

Alayne said...

Such a beautful cover! Hope you get it soon. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Jenna JL said...

This sounds great! I saw it on Goodreads last week and was interested.

My Teaser is here.

Collegiate Bookworm said...

Loving the cover!
It sounds like there's going to be a lot going on.
Definitely adding it to my to-read shelf on Goodreads :)

Kerleisha @ Collegiate Bookworm

joyh82 said...

Sounds really interesting!Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Second Star | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates